resolutions at home
Happy New Year!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday and are feeling fresh for a new year and all that 2010 has to bring!
I’m personally using some of these ideas from one of my favourite blogs: Hooked on Houses, to make some resolutions for my life at home. It isn’t too late for you too!
I LOVE these ideas:
1. Stop resenting what your house isn’t and start appreciating what it is. There is always something to be thankful for!
2. Respect it enough not to clutter it up with things you don’t really like or need.
3. Have a comfortable chair in a quiet corner where you can read and recharge.
4. Turn the TV off and your favorite music on.
5. Keep fresh flowers on your kitchen windowsill in glass jars or bud vases.
6. Try eating dinner by candlelight, with music, for no special reason. And use your best dishes.
7. Create character where there isn’t any–crown molding works wonders!
8. Surround yourself with your favorite “happy colors,” whether they’re trendy or not.
9. Display something from your childhood that you treasure.
10. Don’t try to replicate the look of a model home. Strive to create spaces that exude warmth, love, comfort, and peace.